The Internet Systems Lab (ISL) at the University of Colorado, led by Dr. Sangtae Ha, is researching all things having to do with the Internet. Our research focuses on building and deploying theory-inspired practical systems that span multiple disciplines, including networks and distributed systems, cloud computing, Internet protocols and algorithms, wireless and cellular networks and storage systems. The ISL is located at the engineering building (ECCR1B05) and is part of the Computer Systems Group at the University of Colorado Boulder.
This is Your President Speaking: Spoofing Alerts in 4G LTE Networks
ACM MobiSys 2019.
G. Lee, J. Lee, J. Lee, Y. Im M. Hollingsworth, E. Wustrow, D. Grunwald, Sangtae Ha,
CASTLE over the Air: Distributed Scheduling for Cellular Data Transmissions
ACM MobiSyS 2019.
J. Lee, J. Lee, Y. Im, S. Sathyanarayana, P. Rahimzadeh, X. Zhang, M. Hollingsworth, C. Joe-Wong, D. Grunwald and S. Ha,
I Sent It: Where Does Slow Data Go to Wait?
Y. Im, P. Rahimzadeh, B. Shouse, S. Park, C. Joe-Wong, K. Lee and S. Ha,
ExLL: An Extremely Low-Latency Congestion Control for Mobile Cellular Networks
ACM CoNEXT 2018.
S. Park, J. Lee, J. Kim, J. Lee, S. Ha and K. Lee,
- Jun. 20, 2019: Presidential Alerts Are Not Secure. Our research shows that it is possible for a physically-proximate attacker to spoof Wireless Emergency Alerts, including Presidential alerts, AMBER alerts, and other imminent threat alerts to cell phones within range. This vulnerability is covered by different media outlets. [CU Boulder Today][BBC][CNET][Engadget][Gizmodo][TechCrunch][TechXplore][Digital Trends][Weather Channel][Daily Camera][Irvine Observer][Z6MAG][Help Net Security] and many more.
- Jun. 19, 2019: “This is Your President Speaking” received the Best Paper Award at ACM MobiSys’19.
- Mar. 29, 2019: ECHO accepted to IEEE ICDCS 2019 (19.6% acceptance rate).
- Mar. 4, 2019: CASTLE over the Air accepted at ACM Mobisys 2019 (40 out of 172 = 23.2% acceptance rate).
- Mar. 4, 2019: This is Your Present Speaking accepted at ACM Mobisys 2019 (40 out of 172 = 23.2% acceptance rate).
- Dec. 20, 2018: ELEMENT has been accepted to EuroSys 2019 (45 out of 207 = 21.7% acceptance rate). Congratulations! Youngbin and Parisa.
- Nov. 19, 2018: Our proposal on low latency streaming was recently awarded by Cisco Systems.
- Sep. 9, 2018: ExLL has been accepted to ACM CoNEXT 2018 (32 out of 185 = 17.3% acceptance rate). Congratulations! Jinsung and Jihoon.
- Aug. 1, 2018: CUBIC was recently adopted by Microsoft as the default TCP congestion control algorithms for Windows 10 and Windows 2019 for “improved performance on Windows 10 thanks to CUBIC” and “a faster and safer Internet” in 2018. CUBIC has already been adopted by Linux and Apple’s macOS/iOS.
- Jun. 16, 2018: Two papers have been accepted to the IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking journal.
- Feb. 12, 2018: CUBIC was published as [RFC8312] “CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance Networks” by IETF.