The Internet Systems Lab (ISL) at the University of Colorado, led by Dr. Sangtae Ha, is researching all things having to do with the Internet. Our research focuses on building and deploying theory-inspired practical systems that span multiple disciplines, including networks and distributed systems, cloud computing, Internet protocols and algorithms, wireless and cellular networks and storage systems. The ISL is located at the engineering building (ECCR1B05) and is part of the Computer Systems Group at the University of Colorado Boulder.
I Sent It: Where Does Slow Data Go to Wait?
Y. Im, P. Rahimzadeh, B. Shouse, S. Park, C. Joe-Wong, K. Lee and S. Ha,
ExLL: An Extremely Low-Latency Congestion Control for Mobile Cellular Networks
ACM CoNEXT 2018.
S. Park, J. Lee, J. Kim, J. Lee, S. Ha and K. Lee,
RFC8312: CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance Network
Injong Rhee, Lisong Xu, Sangtae Ha, Alexander Zimmerman, Lars Eggert, and Richard Scheffenegger
Calibrating Time-variant, Device-specific Phase Noise for COTS WiFi Devices
ACM Sensys 2017.
J. Zhu, Y. Im, S. Mishra and S. Ha,
- Dec. 20, 2018: Our paper has been accepted to EuroSys 2019 (45 out of 207 = 21.7% acceptance rate). Congratulations! Youngbin and Parisa.
- Nov. 19, 2018: Our proposal on low latency streaming was recently awarded by Cisco Systems.
- Sep. 9, 2018: Our paper has been accepted to ACM CoNEXT 2018 (32 out of 185 = 17.3% acceptance rate). Congratulations! Jinsung and Jihoon.
- Jun. 16, 2018: Two papers have been accepted to the IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking journal.
- Feb. 12, 2018: CUBIC became [RFC8312] “CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance Networks.”
- Jan. 16, 2018: Our paper has been accepted to Computer Networks. Congratulations! Ibrahim and Youngbin.
- Jan. 16, 2018: Our paper has been accepted to CISS 2018, Princeton, NJ. Congratulations! Youngbin and Prasanth.
- Jan. 9, 2018: US Patent #9865009 “System and Method for Variable Pricing of Data Usage” has been granted.
- Dec. 27, 2017: Our joint proposal with two faculty members at UNIST, South Korea was recently awarded from the IITP.
- Nov. 27, 2017: Our paper has been accepted to IEEE INFOCOM 2018 (303 out of 1606 = 19.2% acceptance rate). Congratulations! Parisa and Zhang.
- Oct. 17, 2017: US Patent #9794155 “Systems and Methods for Coordinating Client-Side Inference of Mobile Network Loading and Capacity” has been granted.
- Oct. 16, 2017: Dr. Jihoon Brandon Lee joined our group! Dr. Lee is an expert in LTE and 5G systems. Welcome aboard, Brandon!
- Aug. 1, 2017: Our proposal, In-Situ Deep Learning for Network-Aware Mobile Video Streaming, is selected to receive a Samsung 2017 GRO Award.
- Jul. 13, 2017: Our paper has been accepted to ACM Sensys 2017 (17.4% acceptance rate). Congratulations! Jincao and Youngbin.